Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #10:  The best advice that I have received was from my deceased uncle Trino.  He told me that if you live your life in fear, then you’re better off dead.  He told me this right before he died of age.  From what my parents told me, he was a stunt man for Mexican movies.  To this day, I keep that advice in my head, and it has helped me with my fears and doubts.  In my mind, I think what he said to me was true.  What’s the point of living, if you’re going to live in fear?  I do find that living with no fear at all can also be dangerous.  Fear is what keeps us from doing stupidities.  I would say that the best advice I’ve gotten is to not procrastinate but the advice is irrelevant if you do not learn from it.  I learned from my uncle’s advice and applied it to my life.  I only fear failure and death now.

No comments:

Post a Comment