Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #18: If I were given the power to change two things about our high school campus, I would change the dress code and the lunches that we receive.  The reason I chose the dress code is because we recently had an assembly that regarded the dress code.  As the assistant principals presented their reasoning for enforcing the dress code, I could not help but think that their reasoning was ridiculous.  They believe that for wearing logoed hats, there’s a possibility of being attacked.  Does that mean that for wearing red, we are part of the bloods?  I would allow students to dress as they wish, with the faith that no violence will arise without a strict dress code.  My secondary change is the lunch system in our campus.  The lunch ladies force the students to choose from a minimum of three items during nutrition break and four for lunch time.  From what I see, many people throw away half of the food that they get without even opening it.  I would let the students take the food that they know they will eat and save what is left over for the next day, saving the school some much needed money.  What I would also change about the lunch system is how the food is distributed to the students.  Back in the 1990’s, schools would place food on a tray and then wash it once the students were finished.  Today, we use a small cardboard tray that is tossed away and sent to a dump.  And the next day, the school spends more money buying these small trays.  All my intentions for this issue is purely to save the school money.

No comments:

Post a Comment