Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #5:  If I were given the responsibility of deciding where 1 million dollars would go to in order to improve whatever necessary, I would send the money to Haiti.  Their economy is terrible and they have not yet recuperated from their last earthquake.  I would use the money to construct stronger buildings in case of any more attacks.  I would also use the money to provide food and fresh water to everybody.  Seeing that one million dollars won’t get far in helping with the recovery of the earthquake.  Those are the only two projects that I would choose in order to help with a global issue.  It is our duty to help those who need it the most, because we must set the example for other countries.  My second choice would be to use the money to help with the radioactive spill in Japan.  This is an issue that affects the whole world.  The fishing industry is very important in our economy and we cannot stand by and let our foods be infected with radioactive gunk.   Those two issues are of grave concern to me and that is why I choose to assist in resolving them.  We must show our unity in these troubled times and surpass them however we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment