Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #2:  Competition works in making us want to do better in anything, whether it be school, sports, or games.  Competition is necessary in order to evolve and become better.  Although, there must be a line drawn where competition becomes unhealthy.  With a healthy competition, one plays to the best of his ability, trying to overcome his opponent and if he cannot, then the competitor aspires to do better for next time.  Usually, after the end of a game or something competitive, it is respectful to shake hands to show that all is well.  When it comes to unhealthy competitors, such as me, the two will do whatever it takes to win.  Whether it would be sabotage, cheating, or resorting to violence.  For example, when I played smackdown v raw with my uncle one day, I thought I was going to beat him but he ended up beating me.  As a result, I resorted to violence and drop kicked him against the wall.  At that point, I felt that I had won because my opponent was down.  Or now a days, when I play call of duty, I tend to over kill all my opponents simply for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment